Moving my blog over to shawnmativetsky.com

Dear friends,

With the recent update of my website, I now have the ability to integrate the blog directly into the website, so that is what I am doing; it just makes sense. I will no longer be posting updates here. Thank you to all of you for your interest in my musical adventures. Please click along to my website for the continuation of this blog in the future! If you would like to update your RSS subscription, this is the new RSS URL: http://shawnmativetsky.com/blogs/blog.atom

I hope to see you over at shawnmativetsky.com!

Shawn

Thursday 15 November 2007

Surtaal in Lorraine

This past Sunday, I performed with the bansuri player, Nicholas Williams (as Surtaal) at the Centre culturel de Lorraine, just north of Montreal. It was a Sunday morning performance for a packed house. While we did perform amplified, the setting was quite intimate as we were very close to the audience. We performed raag Ahir Bhairav (imagine, a morning raag in the morning!) - Alap, Jor, Gat in Rupak, and Gat in Teentaal.


Our performance was followed by a wonderful dance recital by Odissi dancer, Sonia Lopez.

(Photos by David Lopez)

No comments: