Moving my blog over to shawnmativetsky.com

Dear friends,

With the recent update of my website, I now have the ability to integrate the blog directly into the website, so that is what I am doing; it just makes sense. I will no longer be posting updates here. Thank you to all of you for your interest in my musical adventures. Please click along to my website for the continuation of this blog in the future! If you would like to update your RSS subscription, this is the new RSS URL: http://shawnmativetsky.com/blogs/blog.atom

I hope to see you over at shawnmativetsky.com!

Shawn

Friday 25 February 2011

New CD release - Shanta

Wow, I can't believe that I haven't posted about this yet... This past fall, santoor player Jonathan Voyer and I released our first CD together, and my first recording of Indian classical music! - Shanta - a musical expression of peace.

The recording is a full performance of Raag Yaman, beautifully interpreted by Jonathan through Alap, Vilambit Rupaktaal, Madhyalaya Teentaal, and concluding with Drut Teentaal.

The CD is dedicated to our respective gurus of Indian music - santoor maestro Pandit Satish Vyas, vocalist Pandit Somanath Mardur, and tabla master Pandit Sharda Sahai.

The CD is available to purchase through CDBaby, iTunes, and of course, directly from Jonathan and myself. We are already discussing plans for a second album, perhaps to be recorded this spring!

I thought I should also mention that Jonathan has a fabulous new website - www.samskara.ca.


No comments: