Moving my blog over to shawnmativetsky.com

Dear friends,

With the recent update of my website, I now have the ability to integrate the blog directly into the website, so that is what I am doing; it just makes sense. I will no longer be posting updates here. Thank you to all of you for your interest in my musical adventures. Please click along to my website for the continuation of this blog in the future! If you would like to update your RSS subscription, this is the new RSS URL: http://shawnmativetsky.com/blogs/blog.atom

I hope to see you over at shawnmativetsky.com!

Shawn

Thursday 19 January 2012

Quebec Jazz Festival with Jacinta Luis

This past October, I had the pleasure to play at the historic Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City as part of the Quebec Jazz Festival. Jazz singer and pianist Jacinta Luis was presenting her new project, Jazz Univers, which is a mix of jazz with her African and Goan roots. It was great fun to accompany her, along with bassist Adrian Vedady, guitarist/sitarist Evan Green, and drummer Claude Lavergne. Aside from tabla, I also played a bit of congas and pandeiro.






Photos by Caroline Tabah.


No comments: