Moving my blog over to shawnmativetsky.com

Dear friends,

With the recent update of my website, I now have the ability to integrate the blog directly into the website, so that is what I am doing; it just makes sense. I will no longer be posting updates here. Thank you to all of you for your interest in my musical adventures. Please click along to my website for the continuation of this blog in the future! If you would like to update your RSS subscription, this is the new RSS URL: http://shawnmativetsky.com/blogs/blog.atom

I hope to see you over at shawnmativetsky.com!

Shawn

Monday 20 August 2012

TAAL - The Rhythm of Life - Documentary Film Project

I have some very exciting news to announce! I am touched and honoured to have been chosen to be part of a documentary film about my tabla Guru, Pandit Sharda Sahai, myself, and the Benares tabla gharana. TAAL - The Rhythm of Life, by Montreal filmmaker Caroline Tabah, will highlight Guruji's enormous contribution to the world of music, and document the musical adventures of this Canadian seeking to find his way in the world of music. The film will include tons of concert footage, and interviews with numerous musicians. While quite a lot of footage has already been captured, an enormous amount of work is yet to be done in order for the film to become a reality. Please visit the TAAL Indiegogo campaign to learn more about the film and to see how you can help contribute to this ambitious project. There are some very special rewards for those who contribute generously, so please do have a look and consider helping out.

Please click here to visit the TAAL page, and view the project trailer! Also, please do pass on this link to any of your friends who might also be interested in the project. Caroline and I sincerely appreciate your support!

No comments: